Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year, New Stories

I got the oddest present for New Years.

The envelope arrived this morning. I didn't recognize the handwriting, but once I opened it, I knew who it was. Inside was a pair of plane tickets, one for the journey across and the journey back, and a note. "Happy New Year, darling. I've got a present for you."

The only person who has called me darling that would be sending me plane tickets is 'Yuna'. Now, for those who recognize that name, you may think me foolish to take an invitation to her home. I'll admit, I'm quite concerned that it could be a trap. However, while she was rather forward with me during my last conversation with her, another note in the envelope, folded into a neat square, has piqued my interest too much to allow me to account so much for risks.

It read as follows:

"If I am as I was last we spoke, be patient with me. If I threaten you or make you feel uncomfortable, remain calm. I have a story to tell, and I will force myself to soften if it means I can finally remember it the way I'm supposed to."

I can't resist the pull of a story. I'm sorry if I come across as a fool, but I will not deny that I am foolish.

I'll be leaving in a few days for the trip, and I'll most likely book a hotel for my stay at least. If you do not hear from me by the end of this month, then curiousity has killed the cat and I'll unfortunately be unable to share whatever story she had for me.

Until next time, my friends, or not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment